Friday, August 30, 2013

And today we just turned one.

After wedding portrait, as shot by master lensman Noel Salazar

This day last year, we swore before God, family and friends that we will love each other and stick together until death do us part.

Fast forward to one year later, and here we are, celebrating our first year of togetherness as husband and wife.  We can't thank God enough for His grace that sustained us throughout the year.  Like any normal couple, we do have our own share of LQs and snubbing.  After all, what would you expect if you put one sinner plus another together, right?  Life isn't perfect, and we have tons of anecdotes on failure and heartbreak.  If it wasn't for God's goodness, and the love of our family and friends, I wouldn't know how we could have survived the first 365 days. I know I owe you all stories (I haven't even done a single wedding supplier review!) and snippets of what went on during our first year as Mr. and Mrs. Sibayan.  I'll be doing that little by little.

In the meantime, let me leave you with a very beautiful mission statement that Pastor Mark Driscoll and his wife and kids made together.  It's a beautiful picture of what I envision for our own family, and by God's grace, I know that He'll help us create this kind of home.

You can order this sign from here.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment