Sunday, November 6, 2011

Before I Do Pre-Wedding Workshop

If you've been following this blog, you know that I started talking about the Before I Do pre-wedding workshop as early as August.  M and I have started attending a seven-week pre-marital counselling at our church since October 20, and it's really an exciting and educational experience for both of us.  But the Before I Do pre-wedding workshop was also one which we both eagerly looked forward to.  It's because we know many of the speakers (not personally) from having heard them speak at our church.  I've listened to Edric and Joy Mendoza at countless worship services / sharing of testimonies and homeschool orientations, plus I also follow Joy's homeschooling blog. I've seen the testimony of John Mateos Ong on TV. His company, Imagine Nation, is doing the photography for our wedding (c/o Noel Salazar), and before we made this major decision, I made sure to check out not only the portfolio but also the business ethics and philosophy of our suppliers.  So I know a handful of info about him and the team even before attending today.  And since Edric and Joy, John and his wife Monique, and also the other speakers, are from the very church where we go to every Sunday, I knew that we were in for a special day of lectures and practical sharing based on the Bible.  M and I know that we can never be prepared enough for our lives as a married couple, so we take every opportunity we can get to attend seminars like this. (Note:  And oh, if you're a bride/groom to be, please sign up and be a member of the Weddings at Work egroup!)

Let me show you some snapshots from this event.  Too bad, I left the memory card at home which is why I wasn't my usual shutterbug self (haha!):


I had to fight off my uber shyness to grab a photo op with Sir Jong of Imagine Nation...
(If you haven't got a photographer for your event, grab ém!  I'm telling you, you're hiring one of the best photographers!)

And yes. I wouldn't pass up the chance to have a picture of M and I with 1/2 of the tandem behind Weddings at Work, Maám Benz ;-)  I am so awed by her being so down-to-earth....and I'm talking here of someone who has changed the lives of thousands of brides and grooms all over this country and even beyond. 

Here's D (sweetheart ni P) sharing what it means to be a submissive wife...

My honey was actively participating and writing down his notes.  Yehey!

Sir Jong is sharing his testimony here before we wrapped up the workshop...

We actually won a prenup make-up with Ms. Karen Reyes when M and I answered a question regarding the love languages session.  What a blessing!  Karen is one of the make-up artists of the Make-up Studio Team by Madge Landrito!  All who attended the seminar-workshop will also get a free prenuptial photoshoot with the team from Imagine Nation, aside from the other prizes given away.  See, blessings overflow!  Thank God!

Shot with our group mates ;-)

By the time the seminar-workshop was over, I've already filled up about six pages of my tiny notebook, not counting the handout / pamphlet they gave us.  M and I learned so much, and we're excited to live out and apply what we learned in our marriage.  Truly, we can never claim we know so much of a topic, and we can only be humble and open-minded to learn more how to become better partners to each other and how to have a Christ-centered relationship.

Kudos to Jong and Monique, Edric and Joy, Sir Abet and Maám Benz, and all the rest of the team and the sponsors for making this event a reality ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment