Saturday, September 17, 2011

How We Spent Year 2

Last August 30, Sweetie and I celebrated two years of togetherness. I thank God that despite coming from different backgrounds, opposite personalities, and many other differences, M and I also have our own share of striking commonalities which have made us click and draw closer to each other.  We have had more than our share of small fights and snubbing, but I can only praise God that He really sustains our relationship, because by His grace we have made Him the center of it.  That for us is the single ingredient that has made so much a difference in our two-year relationship.

M and I started out as friends, and I believe this has made us better as partners too.  We started off with just friendship in mind, and I am so glad that it blossomed into something more beautiful --- in His time.  There was no flirting, no put ons, no pretensions --- just honest motives to interact and have fun, which eventually became something that was meant for exclusivity.  I wasn't looking for love when I met him; I was serious on serving God and I gave Him my complete and undivided attention, not knowing how he would cook up a plan on how I would later on meet my perfect match.  I gave God the authority and freedom over my life (including love life!), and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.  God gave me so much more than I could ever ever ask for, and to this day I can only smile and thank Him for giving me more than what I deserved.

I pray that all single people reading this blog would give themselves completely unto God first, before giving their hearts to another.  And I pray that God would be the center of their (and your) relationship, as this is the only way to preserve and protect it.

Happiness in a relationship has a time-tested formula after all.  It is happiness = God at the center.

Okay now, back to regular programming. 

As promised, I am now publishing some of the pics we took during our anniversary lunch cum lakwacha last August 30.  I must warn you though that we take pleasure in the simplest things; hence, the pics are really just ordinary things we like to capture in between flashes.  :-)


For our 2nd year anniversary, we choose to eat at Pepper Lunch Shangri-La Mall branch.  The store was almost empty when we arrived at around 12NN, but a few minutes later it was brimming with hungry customers.
Pepper Lunch has a very straightforward approach.  No fancy frills.  Just good food and simplicity.
Hahaha a useless pic just to show you I was there
This shot turned out quite dark, but it was actually very bright inside the store.
My baby's order was beef curry.  I am engaged to a very simple guy.  Just give him beef curry, and he'll be fine.
See?  Hungry little hippo  :-D
I told him to mix it so he can grill the meat....the aroma coming from the curry was really inviting!  
I had beef the night before, so I ordered chicken curry for myself.  Yum yum yum....
I took a pic of the instruction that comes with the hot plate when it is served to you.
I love it that they used disposable glasses.  NO to plastic!
Yes, great value indeed.  For about P400, we had our stomachs full. We'll definitely be back, Pepper Lunch!
After lunch, we headed to Bonifacio High Street at The Fort. We rode a bus going to Ayala MRT Station, then boarded a Bonifacio High Street bus which charges P12 per pax.
Happy me.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take any pics of our BHS lakwacha.  Apparently, there are areas there that charge for pictorials, since the place is becoming popular for prenups.  So I didn't bring out the camera.
On our way home, I asked Sweetie to have our photos taken at the Fujifilm Studio in Megamall.  One of the pictures from our pictorial was in this previous post

Happy anniversary, Sweetie!  I love you  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment