Monday, October 24, 2011

Making it official

Level up. I guess that's the word I can most aptly describe our wedding preps.  We've definitely levelled up.  Officially, beginning today, M gave me the go signal to finalize the details regarding our church and reception venues.  After months of praying and searching, we've zeroed in on where exactly we want to be married.

You all know I'm getting married in this church.  There are two churches inside Fort Bonifacio :  one is a Catholic church, and this one, a church for Evangelical Christians like M and I.  Back in January, I already said we have found a place where we can exchange vows before God and our families and friends.  I'm so glad that M liked it too.  We liked it well enough to put a down payment to block off our date, but then since it's a government-owned entity, they just couldn't accept payments in advance --- and we're at least ten months before our big day.  They only  pencil-booked our date, and told us to come back next year. August 30 has already been listed, so we shouldn't be worried.  It's as good as booked. 



My mom in the background.
This is the second time we've seen the church.
Read about our first visit there here.
Lovely, isn't it?

High ceiling and simple interiors...
perfect for the intimate ceremony I have in mind

I love the church pews!
I can already imagine how my florist will decorate the aisle....

It isn't too big or small....just right to comfortably accommodate our guests.  
It's airconditioned too!

Ever since I laid my eyes on the church, I immediately inquired, and we scheduled an ocular that same week end.  So this church was basically our first and only choice, and we're just so glad to have discovered it through the internet and through Weddings at Work.

The question of where to hold the reception was another story, though.  Initially, we wanted the Palm Grove at the Rockwell Club.  They offer a very very reasonable rate, and the place looks so handsome and classy too.  What I just didn't like is the fact that guests have to park at the Powerplant mall, then go out, enter the Rockwell club, then go down a flight of stairs to get to Palm Grove.  This can be very inconvenient for older people, especially my mom who is already suffering from arthritis.  So as usual, I turned to Weddings at Work for help, and I came across this beautiful building just a mere ten minutes away from our church.

Say hello to our reception venue, The Atrium of Enderun Colleges, Inc.

It's classy and with a high ceiling...

I love the furniture as well.  They use a long rectangular table for the principal sponsors, and round, 
10-seater tables in the exact replica for weddings.
I love that it has this rectangular shape, and that it has big windows which make the place brighter.
Here's my beloved and I while trying to plan how to do the layout for our guests.
I am so pleased that he liked the place enough to want to issue a check for reservation immediately ;-)
The magnificent view of the place from the outside

Because it's a Sunday, I have to wait for Monday to be able to deposit our reservation.  But officially, we're done booking Enderun once it has been deposited to their account.  My mom gladly offered to take care of the check payment.  ;-)   Thank you, Ma!  You're the best!

And speaking of making things official, M and I got engaged this day.  As is our usual routine, we took our afternoon walks around the neighborhood and visited this cute Beagle puppy owned by one of our neighbors.  I was too busy looking at and cooing at the cute dog to notice him getting down on his knees to ask for my hand.  I think I didn't even say yes. Instead, I told him to put it on me. Hahaha!!!! ;-)  I couldn't remember much of whatever happened after that ---- it was all too fast and surreal for me ---- but I do remember thanking myself for having a decent DIY manicure for this important occasion.  Hahaha vain!  ;-)  And yes, thanking God that I have such a wonderful fiance.

This is my heart-shaped ring in 18k white gold band....just the way I prayed for ;-)
Up close
Perfect fit too!

So as of today, we're done booking our photographer, videographer, make-up artist, church and reception venue.  Wow, thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment