Tuesday, January 17, 2012

227 days to go

Our 2nd year anniversary portrait
Tick.  Tock.  Tick.  Tock.  I wouldn't want to blink.

It used to be three years from now, then it turned seven hundred and thirty days to go, and finally, twelve months til the big day.  Mr. M proposed, and then Christmas and New Year took up our time.  Next thing I know, it's 227 days before 8-30-2012.  That gives me only eight months and twenty-six days to say good bye to singlehood and say hello to the married couples club. And that's saying a lot for one like me who had no boyfriend since birth (NBSB) hahaha!  Of course, none until Mr. M came along ;-)

Now I understand why brides-to-be feel all sorts of emotions --- excitement, anxiety, trepidation, sadness, joy --- and since I myself am a bride-to-be, I can now empathize with girls going overboard with their wedding preparations.  I tell you.  I have a collection of over 300+ bridal gown inspirations, 100+ pegs for hair and make up, 200+ pictures of couple portraits, and the list goes on.  Call me OA or anything, but now I understand why brides-to-be behave the way they do:  we only get married once, and we just want to do things right.  Maybe have it executed to perfection, if at all that is possible.

Soon, I'll be moving out of this house, and will be leaving the life I once had with my mom and siblings.  In less than three hundred days, I'll be changing my name, my address, my civil status, and so much more.  No more house help to clean up the house, wash our clothes and cook our meals.  It's going to be US this time, taking over all those chores and doing things on our own as we build our own family.

On a food trip at Secret Recipe
Before, we just used to talk about our scheduled dates, activities to do on particular days, food cravings, and all that stuff.  These past few months we've been discussing bills, house hunting sessions, kids, down payments and contracts.  Most of the time these days we sit down in front of our computer and tinker with the wedding excel file we made to keep track of our payments, receivables and even future expenses.

In 227 days, I will never be the same again. #changes

And the countdown continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment