Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Dress Dilemma

After our lunch date at a hotel in Manila early December of last year, Mr. M and I went to Tutuban and met up with his friend who helped us get to know trustworthy, potential bridal gown suppliers.  I've read too many stories about brides whose gown couturiers failed to deliver their dresses on time and worse of all, those who never delivered anything at all.  I can imagine the brides all rushing to Divisoria to make last-minute purchases and repairs.  I can never really emphasize how important it is to start planning early, begin buying everything you need immediately, give the down payments as soon as possible, and talk with potential suppliers and seal the deal once satisfied, as planning a wedding can be really stressful.  So as we lift up to God concerns like these, we also have to take a step of faith and do our part in preparing for the wedding and making sure every concern and every detail is addressed and taken care of.

With this in mind, I sought to settle the matter about my dress at once.  The dress is one of the things that stresses me out.  I have a body that is hard to understand.  Let's just say that I resemble a pear, okay?  You know what I mean?  I need to hide lots of bulges without looking like I got buried in a pile of organza and tulle! My height, while not a problem with Mr. M, also puts a limit to the types of gown designs I can wear.  See?  To top it all, when I emailed my gown inspirations to my potential bridal gown suppliers, none wanted to do it due to the sheer difficulty of dealing with the laces I want. Or, those who said yes couldn't bring down the cost of their quotations.  Huhuhu.  :-(  And I wouldn't want to spend a teacher's one month's worth of salary for a gown I will wear for a maximum of only eight hours in my lifetime.

I was getting desperate already because I knew that I have to settle this gown issue before January ends.  January is crucial, because gown makers prepare for the junior-senior prom season, as well as the numerous summer and June brides all over the country.  By the end of the first and second trimester of the year, the gown makers will be busy with the brides from the -ber months.  Since I am an August bride, I'll be stuck in the middle of their busyness, August being a ghost month.  But I continued to pray.   By God's grace, it was perfect timing that I read about Sis Michi's gown via our Weddings at Work egroup (if you are a bride-to-be, you need to sign up with this egroup!).  Sis Michi already signed up with a bridal gown maker who has a relatively good reputation at an affordable price.  She excitedly waited for the day she will bring it back home and try it on for their big day.  But to her horror, her gown was a disaster.  With only 25 days to go before her wedding, she scoured the net for possibilities.  At such short notice, no designer in her right mind would accept her order.  But she persisted.  Then she came across Vangie Suva.  We at the egroup waited with much tension as to how this gown problem would be resolved.  When we saw the pictures she posted on facebook, and when she finally gave her supplier reviews, we collectively heaved a sigh of relief.  Vangie saved Michi from a disastrous wedding (imagine a beautiful bride walking down the aisle in a mediocre gown!).  Michi's bridal gown was made in just less than three weeks.  Yet it did not show in the pics at all.  Even her photographer thought it was a designer dress!

Vangie Suva and Michi's gown have become such a hot topic at our egroup that I myself checked her out as well.  Last Saturday, I met her at Megamall and what can I say?  I was won over by the beautiful craftsmanship of a sample gown she made, all the good feedback I've been hearing about her from fellow brides-to-be, and of course, Vangie's easygoing manner and helpful disposition.  She readily said yes to the gown inspirations I presented, and we were done discussing in an hour.

In two months' time, I'll be having my measurements done by Vangie.  So this is how it feels.  I'm really starting to feel like a bride.  Yay, I now have a gown maker!

Meanwhile, watch the awesome SDE of Sis Michi and Patrick by the wonderful team from Wang Videography.  Her SDE's title is Next to You by Chris Brown (featuring Justin Bieber).  Did you catch her gown from the clip?  Nice, isn't it?






Now, if only I can trim down and lose more pounds....  :-p

----------
Vangie Suva of Shaznay Dry Goods
B-10 Fiesta Shopping Mall
C.M. Recto, Binondo, Manila
(Beside escalator)

Cellphone No. 0906-3326338 / 0933-1919044
Tel. No. 971-9407

3 comments:

  1. so happy that you booked your gown designer na! :) tara, let's diet sis :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sis. :-)
    Yes, diet na tayo. Parang tumaba ata ako lalo after ng prayer and fasting week natin eh LOL :-D
    - Isa -

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Small & Petite Brides to be, Im selling my "Ate VANGIE SUVA's Wedding Gown Creation"

    Fabric used = Mikado & flower lace
    Beaded part = upper front, lower front & trail part
    Condition:
    *1 day used (July 21, 2012)
    *dry cleaned & ironed

    Measurements:
    *Waist = 27"
    *Hips = 34"
    *Bust = 33"
    *Upper Bust = 31"
    *shoulder = 34"
    *Height = 5'2'' (hills ht. included)

    Accesories included:
    *1st veil
    *2nd veil
    *2pcs pillows (for ring & arras)
    *chord
    *garter
    *head dress

    pictures link:
    maniquin
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8171/7935293202_d572be6afb.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8457/7935294026_848c0c9416_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8301/7935291912_1e4c159d94_z.jpg
    http://64.19.142.10/farm9.staticflickr.com/8297/7935288150_5515c10483_z.jpg
    bride
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7935331920_0bd4628362_z.jpg
    http://64.19.142.12/farm9.staticflickr.com/8443/7935321360_a854e9f6a7_z.jpg
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8319/7935311424_4da6881111_z.jpg

    PM if interested:
    laarnipagba@yahoo.com
    adds link: http://sulit.com.ph/6434427

    ReplyDelete