Monday, December 12, 2011

Lunch Date @ Diamond Hotel

Christmas is still a few weeks from now, but my mom decided to give Mr. M and I one of our Christmas gifts earlier --- a fabulous lunch date / buffet at the Diamond Hotel (Corniche).  Woot woot!  ;-)

We're the t-shirt, jeans and rubber shoes type of couple, so it was a bit of a challenge choosing what to wear for this date.  I wanted to show up in jeans and my favorite top, but mom wouldn't have any of it hahaha ;-) So I took it as an opportunity to dress up and be kikay for a day without going over the top or being inappropriate.  Tee heee ;-)  I'm glad Mr. M liked my outfit.  ;-)  (Note to self: wear this dress again, and buy more dresses in the future!  Hahahaha!!!!)  I was so happy with the shoes because I absolutely dislike high heels and the pain they bring.  After our sumptuous lunch, we headed straight to Tutuban to scout for my gown, and hopped on over to Binondo to book our wedding cake, but my feet didn't complain a bit. Yey!

Hooray for this very nice present from my mom.  She really knows the two of us -- that we appreciate all kinds of food.  Hahaha :-)  Here's our take of that day:

Christmas is in the air judging by the door of the entrance to the hotel

We had the gift certificate.  Yey!

Read to eat!
Yes, I wore a dress with gladiator heels ;-)

We love this creamy pumpkin soup.  
See how big his smile is?  He's just too happy to be eating here ;-)

I love it!

Nice ceiling decors

He's wanting for more!

We don't get to eat this everyday so we tried the lobster, among other things hehehe ;-)

....and he devoured it so quickly!

My picks for dessert....

Uber happy with the ice cream and mangoes....

Don't be fooled with the photos.  Actually, we stayed at Corniche for about two hours.  We ate slowly so that we could enjoy as much food as we can ----- Indian, Japanese, Western, Filipino ----- name it, we tried them all!  However, I forgot to take some of the photos of the things we tried.  :-(    Hence, only a few made it into this blog.

Diamond Hotel is truly beautiful and classy.  I would go there again even if commuting to the place is quite a hassle (December isn't a nice time to go there if you don't have a car).  If I were to organize a Manila-based wedding, I would have seriously considered this place for the preps.  The proximity of Diamond to Manila Bay is a plus factor because of the opportunity to shoot fabulous photos.  High on my list is Hotel Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila too, but then a strong typhoon once hit Manila and parts of this spectacular hotel were flooded

Magnificent tree at the lobby...

More sumptuous desserts at the lobby...

We were so full so we decided to walk around and we saw this amazing stairway which I often see in the websites of wedding photographers.  Incidentally, there were two weddings being held at the time we were eating but I didn't get to take a shot of the brides. 

Take a dip!

Man-made waterfalls at the pool

Playing with the mirror

Hahaha!

The lobby as we were about to leave...


Next time you're in the Manila area and you're looking for a great place to eat, try Corniche at the Diamond Hotel.  It's a fantastic, classy hotel with equally amazing food and wonderful ambiance.  

----------
Diamond Hotel
Roxas Boulevard cor. Dr. J. Quintos Street, Manila, Philippines 100
Tel # 528-3000
Fax # 526-2255

No comments:

Post a Comment