Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ladies in Pink and Green



Images above taken from Artie and Lia's 2010 wedding 

Early this year, I was toying with the idea of having a cherry blossoms-themed wedding.  It would have been perfect, especially since I had tons of props, visual aids, various paraphernalia and ideas on how we could execute the theme.  Alas, my dear mother didn't want a wedding with fancy details like a yukata, origami decors and Kanji table labels that only a few of our guests can relate to.  The dutiful daughter that I am (ahem! ahem!), I immediately shelved the idea and instead, opted to revive it for a prenup next year hehehehehehehe ;-)  O di ba, at least sa prenup man lang, Japanese pa rin  (At least even for the prenup, it's still Japanese).  

So with the thought of asking my lady entourage members to wear yukata-inspired dresses on our big day set aside, I needed to think quickly for other gown options and alternatives since deciding isn't easy.  If settling the issue of what my gown will look like isn't hard enough, triple that with the pressure of having to conceptualize dresses / gowns for at least six different ladies --- flower girls not included.  Yes, the wedding is still eight more months to go, but come 2012, the days will just pass by so quickly that I'll hardly notice it's already August.  I also have reasons to be concerned albeit this early.  It's quite a challenge to gather all six ladies since geographically, they are as apart as the East is from the West, and they are all as busy as bees!

Okay, so let's start with the color.  There is no question that I'll be incorporating my favorite, pink.  But what kind or shade, I am not sure.  All I know is that I want all kinds of that color.  To add some accent or perhaps to distinguish the mothers, they'll be donning lime green.  Ah, but don't get me started on what type of fabric, what kind of embellishments, or even what cut they are going to wear.  I'll save that for another post as I am totally clueless about these things.

They always say don't make decisions if you're confused.  So for now, I'll just stare at these lovely creations:

 Various shades of pink as interpreted by Lea Michel (Oscar de la Renta), Natalie Portman (Viktor & Rolf), Megan Fox (Armani Prive), Sandra Bullock (Jenny Packham), Emma Stone (Calvin Klein), Claire Danes (Calvin Klein), and Julianne Moore (Lanvin)
Source:  The Fashionist

Janna Simpao's entourage gowns in chiffon
Shot by Pat Dy

  Veejay Floresca's entourage gowns in fuschia pink made of jersey fabric


 Wanda's bridal gown by Veluz
Entourage gowns by Zandra Lim
Shot by Dino Lara

 Source:  Erron Ocampo

Lora's bridal gown by Veluz
Lora's Entourage gowns by Veejay Floresca


Melissa's Bridal gown by Veluz

Entourage gowns by Veejay Floresca



 Shot by Dominic Barrios

 Shot by Metrophoto

 Shot by Nelwin Uy

 Patrick and Michell's Entourage gowns...

 and flower girl dresses...

as shot by Jeff and Lisa

 Ciara's bridal and entourage gowns by Veejay Floresca
Shot by Erron Ocampo

 Con's secondary sponsors'...

and flower girls' gowns by Veejay Floresca

No comments:

Post a Comment