Monday, December 12, 2011

Travel Diary: Bicol

Hello.  I'm back from Bicol.  Actually, correction.  Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay, then Sorsogon and back.  Whew.  I finally toured almost the entire Region V peninsula.

Last Thursday, my co-teachers and I left for this breathtakingly beautiful province for a three-day outreach program cum leisure trip.  I was really blessed to have been part of this team, and to have seen Bicol for the second third time around since it's a wonderful place with so much to offer.  From the food (laing, bicol express, ginataang santol, crabs, etc), to the gorgeous backgrounds and landscapes (Cagsawa ruins, Mayon volcano, etc), to the various activities (water sports at CWC, swimming, snorkelling, etc) ----- oooohh, I loved every single day I was there.  I'm even thinking maybe h2b and I can spend a few days here since we're both foodie lovers and adventure-seekers  ;-)   Ah, but I won't trade my first choice for our honeymoon --- Palawan.  But then again, that's another post hehehehe ;-)

Anyway, I'm digressing.  Here's Bicol from my lenses:

 Day 2:  On our way to our first outreach venue

 Buluran hot springs.  Ang sarap dito!

 I heart Pasig :-)

 On top of Lignon Hill.
Partially covered behind me is the Mayon Volcano.
Hahaha check out my Mickey Mouse bag and buko juice in tow!

 Shops near Cagsawa ruins

 Pili products!

 The magnificent view of Mayon at the Cagsawa ruins
 Fun shot :-)

 Fun shot 2 :-)

 Full view of Mayon volcano a few meters after we left the Cagsawa ruins

 At CWC.  I want to try water sports!

   Surfers at work

Our tour this time was kinda fast-paced since in the first place the lakwatsa component was just secondary; we were there for the outreach.  Hence, I only have very few pics and since also we were on the road for the most part of each day.  Too bad, we didn't get to visit the whale sharks at Donsol even if this is the best time of the year to see them, because it was raining like crazy for the past several days before our trip.

Di bale.  Next time, I'll make sure to bring h2b with me to this magnificent place ;-)

And here's my take on Bicol in 2007:
In one of the schools in Albay.
The beautiful Mayon Volcano is behind me.

The famous Smalltalk Cafe which serves pasta with laing / bicol express sauce instead of the usual spaghetti meat sauce.
It was so worth it!

See?  It's sooo affordable.

Happy backpacker ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment