Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shoes Inspirations

Ah, the things we women go through to get ready for the big day!

This past few weeks, I was having visions of what my gown would like.   The inspirations are endless that I ended up posting another blog about that bridal gown slash dress which I'll be having custom-made in Divisoria  (or as my mom calls it, 'La Rudy Vi').  Now of course, as any girl can attest, when you start thinking of the gown, you also try to visualize what the entourage gowns will look like.  And let's not even talk about the mothers.  They have their own styles and preferences to consider, making this whole issue of gowns and dresses exciting albeit challenging.  :-)

And when you start talking about gowns and dresses, can shoe talks be far behind?  :-)   See, this whole wardrobe thingy is a package.  Gown + Shoes + Make-up + Hair + Accessories = Look for the day.  I'm taking my own sweet time trying to finalize what my gown will look like, and I learned that when you have a gown custom-made in Divi, it will take them only about three months, so I figure I still have time to spare.  It's a good thing I've long settled the issue of make up with my one and only choice, Rae Venturanza, and I already have an idea of what kind of hair style I want for the big day, so that's not a problem.  The accessories I will wear on our big day are my e-ring and earrings which I will be borrowing from my sister-in-law (How sweet. Thanks, C!).  And so, I'm left with the shoes.  

Where do I begin?  First of all, I hate the white bridal shoes concept.  I don't like to wear, much more spend, on a pair of shoes that I will wear only once in my lifetime.  So no to Kate Middleton-inspired lace and beads type of shoes.

Duchess Kate Middleton's 5 1/2 size hand-stitched bridal shoes were designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.
Source:  The Daily Mail

Now, if it were something I could wear for after the wedding, then I'd reconsider.  Especially if it looked something like this:
Sexy but subtle --- whether in jeans or in a dress 
Nine West Jack Toe Peep Pumps
Source:  This Next

Sometimes, I wish I could just wear something flat for my wedding.  After all, I'd be sitting, standing up, kneeling, jumping (?), running (?), posing and dancing for more than four hours.  So I thought I'd buy anything like these:
Dainty and stylish for my jeans -- perfect for those relaxing weekends 
Chloe Square Toe Ballerina Flats - $450
Source:  Barneys
Classic and always in style
Lanvin Cap Toe Ballet Flats - $650
Source:  Barneys


When I mentioned this to my mother, I got a big, big frown.  Hahaha!  She said I should wear comfortable heels (about 2 inches) to match the dress.  Heels?  I never wore heels!  Remember my gladiator heels from our date at the Diamond Hotel?  I only inherited them from her because she can no longer wear high heels due to her arthritis.  But given the chance, I wouldn't choose anything higher than an inch!  So of course, here are what I saw and liked if I could be convinced to wear something like these on our big day hehehehe :-D  (Of course, the budget is a separate consideration.  Hahaha!)

 Burlina
Christian Louboutin - Patent leather peep toe t-strap pump with adjustable buckle at ankle - $945
Source:  Barneys
Lady Peep
Christian  Louboutin - Patent leather platform peep toe pump - $945
Source:  Barneys

Madame Butterfly Pump
Christian Louboutin - Satin platform pump with large bow at pleated peep toe - $945
Source:  Barneys
So So
Christian Louboutin - Patent leather platform peep toe pump with cross strap at toe and halter slingback - $895
Source:  Barneys
Orlina 
Manolo Blahnik - Elastic open toe slingback sandal with multiple crossing contrast bands at instep - $735
Source:  Barneys
 Sedaraby
Manolo Blahnik - Satin open toe multi-strap sandal with adjustable posted ankle strap $755
Source:  Barneys
 Evita
Tabitha Simmons - Satin platform open toe T-strap sandal with jewel embellished strap, grosgrain ankle tie and closed back -$2,185
Source: Barneys
Tribtoo Pump
Yves Saint Laurent - Patent leather platform round toe pump - $795
Source:  Barneys
 Faustina by Nine West in Moon / Roccia - $119  
 Knot by Nine West in Black Suede - now only $39.60 from $99
Mega by Nine West in Natural Leather - $49.50

From real brides' shoes, here are some of my inspirations:

Cenyang's shoes as captured by Jaja Samaniego


San Pedro-Alcasabas Wedding

 Santiago-Reyes Wedding

Manguiat-Tripon Wedding


Sigh.  I'm glad I only have a budget for one pair of shoes; otherwise, I'd go crazy with all these lovely footwear!  So to finalize my choices, I figured I'd rather have something that meets the following criteria:
  1. with heels but only about 2-3 inches --- just enough to give my 5'1'' frame a taller illusion;
  2. with heels that are not too thin (as in those Louboutin shoes) but are not too thick -- something like in the style of Mega by Nine West;
  3. closed, and may or may not have straps for added protection from slipping and / or accidental removal of shoes while walking; and
  4. in a color and fabric / leather that can be flexible enough for after-wedding use 

Sweetie has been reminding me to finalize this one too so that I can start with our DIY.  Oh, and he's buying me the shoes as his wedding gift!  Yipee!!! :-)  Thanks, Honey :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment